Did you know that you can make the best BBQ sauce that will put those store-bought BBQ sauce brands to shame?
In fact, you don’t even need to keep buying those sauces because not only do they contain unhealthy ingredients but you can also make the best BBQ sauce at a fraction of the price.
Today, I will teach you how to make BBQ sauce the fast, simple, and easy way! It’s definitely one of the best BBQ sauce recipes you can ever find on the internet that only includes 4 quick steps to follow.
So get your ingredients and cooking utensils ready and we’ll dish out this mouth-watering BBQ sauce that’s packed with flavor and nutrients. Let’s get to it!
What to Do with Your healthy BBQ Sauce
BBQ sauce is a quick way to throw in a multitude of flavor and fascinating aroma to your food.
You can slather a generous amount of BBQ sauce on your bread, add in your bean burger patty, a couple of kale leaves, tomatoes, pickles, and there goes a beast burger that your whole family will love.
Or you can pour BBQ sauce over your cauliflower rice or toss your quinoa and parsley salad with some of this amazing sauce for that tantalizing flavor and goodness.
This BBQ sauce recipe I will share with you is also an excellent dipping sauce for your grilled dishes, or even an amazing marinate before you grill your veggies, tempeh, and so much more.
With this best BBQ sauce recipe, you can turn any dish from dull and unexciting to the greatest meal you can share with your loved ones.
So let’s start making this BBQ sauce recipe and have it ready in your fridge each time for when your current dish needs some livening up and excitement.
My Secret Sauce – healthy BBQ Sauce Recipe
How to Make the Perfect BBQ Sauce
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- Garlic 1 clove minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- Any dehydrated veggies
- Saute onion and garlic in oil. Saute until ingredients are translucent. This cooking on low to medium heat makes the onions and garlic sweeter and more flavorful.
- Add in other ingredients except optional add-ins. Cook over medium heat,stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.