Make this black bean burger recipe when you are on a Daniel Fast! High in protein, loaded with fiber, and packed with nutrition with every bite. Best of all – it’s so easy to make!
Do you want a healthier alternative to your usual burger? This black bean burger is the perfect choice for those who are hoping to increase their protein and fiber intake that will help them stay satiated longer while feeling energized longer. And if you’re doing the Daniel Fast, which I highly recommend that you try, black bean burgers will definitely fit this diet.
It’s cheap, nutritious, tasty, and yep, can be used to make burger patties… What’s not to love about black beans??!
So let’s go get our ingredients and tools ready and start whipping out this scrumptious and nutritious black bean burger recipe!
Benefits of Eating Black Beans
Did you know that a cup of cooked blacked beans contains as much as 15 grams of protein? That’s a massive amount of protein that you can get for your body, which helps keep your muscles strong, repair worn-out tissues, and provide your body with optimum energy.
But aside from the high protein content, black beans offer so much more! For instance, it is packed with fiber that aids in reducing your LDL or “bad” cholesterol level. Black beans are also a good source of magnesium that supports healthy metabolism, bone health, and hormonal balance. In addition, black beans also contain potassium that regulates your blood pressure levels. This is why it is ideal for individuals who have cardiovascular diseases or those who wish to minimize their risk of a heart disease.
With all these benefits of eating black beans, it only makes sense to consume this tasty and nutritious food as often as possible.
Black Beans are Great for Diabetics Too!
Did you know that black bean burgers are also good for diabetics? Yep! Black beans are naturally low in glycemic index, yet high in fiber and protein that supports a healthy and normal blood sugar level.
But even if you’re not diabetic, by simply eating complex carbs and protein-rich foods instead of refined grains and starches, you can have a steadier level of energy to power you throughout the day.
Now that you know more about the nutrition profile and the health benefits of black bean burger, let’s go make our own! Here is my super easy and tasty black bean burger recipe that you should try today.
Daniel Fast Black Bean Burger
- 3 Cups Cooked Black Beans or kidney
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar or balsamic
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- ¾ Cup Green Onions sliced - green tops and white onion
- ¼ Cup Parsley fresh, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Oregano fresh, chopped (substitute 1 - 2 tsp dried oregano)
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 ¼ Cups Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Corn organic
- ⅓ Cup Olives chopped, optional
- ¼ Cup Bell Pepper chopped, optional
- In a food processor or blender, combine the beans, garlic, tomato paste, vinegar, and mustard. Pulse until pureed.
- Add the green onions, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste, and process to break up and blend. Add the oats and pulse to begin to incorporate.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the olives, corn and red pepper.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30 to 45 minutes, then shape into patties with your hands.
- Lightly coat skillet with oil and cook on medium/ medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Bake the patties for about 15-20 minutes at 400 ° on an oiled pan, flipping once through cooking.
- Top with salsa or guacamole to make it extra delicious!