This is a unique fried rice recipe that is healthy and yummy! Included is a Daniel Fast variation which makes a delicious lunch or dinner! Your kids will love trying new veggies in this savory meal!
Tired of the usual way of cooking and eating rice? Let’s spice things up with this vegetable fried rice recipe that’s sure to make your lunch or dinner exciting! It’s easy to prepare and won’t take too long to cook. When you need something quick to make after work and you want to eat something healthy, this is the dish for you!
So let’s get our wok and stove ready and cook up this awesome dish that’s bound to be an instant favorite in your home!
What is great about Rice?
Before we start cooking, let’s talk a bit about rice. Rice is a staple in Asia, and you’re likely to find a majority of rice dishes there instead of wheat-based meals. If you’ve got wheat allergies, rice is a great alternative because it’s gluten-free.
Fiber and Minerals in Fried Rice
Rice is an amazing source of fiber, specifically brown rice. Rice has a high amount of minerals including iron and calcium. Including that, it has vitamins such as riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, and vitamin D. With the high fiber content in brown rice, you will stay full longer by eating this nutritious food. Combine it with vegetables, you’ve got a fiber-rich meal that helps curb your appetite and prevent you from bingeing or eating unhealthy snacks.
Rice Helps with Disease Prevention
Did you know that fried rice recipes can actually help in controlling some diseases? Brown rice, for instance, contains neurotransmitters - and a lot of it - that is beneficial in the prevention of Alzheimer’s Disease. It supports brain and nerve health, protecting you from the occurrence of this degenerative disease.
Another thing about rice that makes it powerful in controlling certain diseases is its antioxidant component. Rice has an abundance of antioxidants that keep your heart healthy. It reduces your risk of acquiring heart disease, cardiovascular ailments, and stroke.
It’s also worth noting that rice husk is a good diuretic. This makes it beneficial for the prevention and cure of dysentery, diarrhea, and similar medical conditions.
Rice Provides Energy
Feeling a little low on energy? You need a boost from rice! Rice contains carbohydrates, which gives your body fuel to carry on throughout the day.
It’s also interesting to note that there are long chains of abundant complex carbohydrates in rice. What this means is that it takes some time to break down and be released in your body. With the gradual and slow release of carbohydrates in rice, this allows you to receive a good amount of energy consistently.
For people with diabetes, rice is a preferable choice as it is a complex carbohydrate source instead of simple carbohydrate (such as in sweets, sodas, pastries). Your blood levels remain well-regulated, and it prevents the spike and dip of insulin levels in the body.
Enjoy my YouTube video on 7 Reasons You Need to Eat Healthy Rice!
Healthy Fried Rice
- 1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten (omit while on Daniel Fast)
- 2 teaspoons Organic Canola Oil (sub. Coconut or Olive Oil)
- 6 ounces Asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1/2bunch)
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Scallions cut into 1-inch pieces (sub. Green Onions)
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger minced
- 4 teaspoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- Hot Red Pepper Sauce to taste
- Coat a large nonstick wok or skillet with cooking spray and turn on medium heat.
- Pour in eggs and cook, stirring gently, until just set, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat oil in the pan over medium-high; add asparagus and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, scallions, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring, until the vegetables are just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, liquid aminos and vinegar to the pan; cook until the liquid is absorbed, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Fold in the cooked eggs. Remove from the heat; stir in sesame oil and hot sauce.
Feast on this Tasty, Special Fried Rice for Your Optimum Health
There you have it - the amazing benefits of rice and why you should definitely eat this food today. Just think about it - why else would people from countries with a low percentage of obesity eat rice? Because it helps them stay slim, stay away from gluten, and enjoy the taste in their meals.
And the fact that you can enjoy eating rice along with your favorite vegetables and other foods… This makes it absolutely beneficial. Achieve your good health by making a smarter choice with your food. Eat more rice today!