Want the cancer-preventing, weigh-loss-helping, immune-boosting benefits of citrus, but aren't quite sure how to add it to them to your meals? This Citrus Salad with Honey Dressing is a delightful way to add not one, but five different fruit to your day!
Do you know all Vitamin C does for your body? It:
- Prevents high blood pressure
- Protects the heart
- Reduces inflammation
- Fights bacterial infections
- Protects against viral infection
- Aids absorption of iron
- And so much more!
What if I am pre-diabetic?
I get this question all the time: are the foods I recommend OK for a pre-diabetic? YES! This is exactly what you need to eat.
God’s foods are wonderful gifts and He’s balanced them with all the right nutrients to help our bodies utilize them well. That’s why fruits, including citrus, don’t just have sugar, but are loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and even sometimes some protein. Balanced glucose is prevention for everyone - even diabetes.
To learn more about their amazing health benefits, read my blog post on Citrus Fruit!
Immune Boosting Citrus Salad with Honey Dressing
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar or Apple Cider
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 1 Orange
- 1 Blood Orange
- 2 Mandarin Oranges
- 1 Lime
- 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Fennel
- Pinch Cinnamon
- Make the dressing first so the flavors have an opportunity to meld together. Mix and set aside.
- Wash everything. (If not organic, spend an extra minute scrubbing them with a vegetable brush.) Peel and slice the citrus fruits. Either leave the oranges, limes, and lemons in slices, or cut them into smaller segments.
- Add all ingredients to your plate and add dressing and sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon. For some added flavor and nutrition, add some zest from your fruits to your salad.
- You can also add nuts, seeds, and/or some raw veggies for variety and increased nutrients.