Healthy Frozen Strawberry Pie
Grab those frozen strawberries in the freezer and whip up this awesome healthy dessert! If you are looking for a quick and tasty recipe that you can use with these lovely berries, then this frozen strawberry pie is absolutely perfect.
Great as a healthy snack, dessert, or a wonderful recipe for parties and gatherings, let’s dish out this yummy frozen strawberry pie!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Before I proceed to my easy-peasy frozen strawberry pie, let’s talk about nutrients and health benefits first.
Strawberries are not only delicious, juicy fruits but they are also packed with a massive amount of vitamins and minerals. In fact, these berries contain numerous antioxidants that can help boost your immune system, regulate your blood sugar levels, and even help stave off cancer.
By including 400 grams of fresh and organic produce in your diet each day, you can decrease your risk of developing various ailments including diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and several other disorders.
Nutrients in Strawberries
Strawberries are a rich source of fiber, folic acid, potassium, and vitamin C. In fact, a cup of fresh strawberries, which is about 166 grams, contains the following nutrients:
27 mg of calcium
40 mg of phosphorus
97.60 mg of vitamin C
254 mg of potassium
40 mcg of folate
22 mg of magnesium
28 IU of vitamin A
And for those who are trying to lose weight, strawberries are also great snacks because one cup only has 53 calories!
It is also quite impressive to know that strawberries are loaded with potent antioxidants such as kaempferol, ellagic acid, anthocyanins, and quercetin that protect you from infections, help slow down aging, and keep you in excellent condition, naturally!
Now that you know what strawberries do to your body, let us go ahead and get ready to make this amazing frozen strawberry pie recipe that will give just one more reason to eat plenty of these nutritious berries each day!
Frozen Strawberry Pie
For the Crumb Crust
- 6 Tablespoons Ghee melted (or use melted butter)
- 1 1/2 Cups Oat Flour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpCC9RR6uVE
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar packed
- 3/4 Cup Pecans finely chopped
For the Filling
- 2 Egg Whites
- 3/4 Cup Monk Fruit or granulated sweetener of choice
- 15 oz Frozen whole strawberries partially thawed important to be partially frozen, not completely thawed
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the crumb ingredients.
- Spread the crumbs evenly into a pie plate and bake until golden brown, about 15-20 mins.
- While the crumb crust bakes, place all of the strawberry filling ingredients in a large bowl and beat on high until it thickens, about 10 mins. I prefer using my Nutrimill Artiste mixer for the perfect blend.
- Pour the filling onto the crumb base and smooth.
- Freeze it until set, about 1 hour. Enjoy!
Hi, I’m Annette Reeder-
I’m a christian nutritionist. I love Jesus and want to see His people come to walk in the complete abundant life He provides, mind, body, spirit. I love to make healthy food as yummy as possible and then share it with you! I am on mission to keep you on mission.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX