The Healthiest Mixed Berry Muffin Recipe - No Sweeteners Added!
Sink in your teeth into this super healthy, so yummy, and easy-to-make muffin. This mixed berry muffin is just the recipe you need to enjoy a truly perfect, nutritious muffin!
Really wanting to eat a muffin without wrecking your healthy diet?
Then this mixed berry muffin recipe will let you do just that!
Sink your teeth in the amazing goodness of these healthy fruits in this amazing muffin recipe featuring tasty berries!
And here’s the takeaway - it doesn’t even have any artificial sweeteners added. It’s sweet but the sweeteners I use are all-natural and loaded with vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber.
How great is that?!
So let’s go get our baking mode on and make this berry muffin recipe that you and your family can feast on!
Berry Muffins are More Than A Snack
What you’ll love about this mixed berry muffin recipe is it’s more than a baked goodie or a dessert.
It’s actually a vitamin in a muffin tin!
Because these berry muffins contain fresh berries that are packed with antioxidants, vitamin C, fiber, protein, and several essential nutrients your body needs. It’s pretty much like a supplement - but filling for your tummy at the same time.
I call this recipe the “Berry-Berry Muffins”. Yep, you can’t have enough of just one berry!
I make it all the time in our Flavor of Grace conferences and it has become a constant favorite because of its natural sweetness and nutritious goodness.
This recipe is proof that you can try different ways of cooking and different flavors that you can mix together to create one amazing recipe that’s great for your health.
Protein and Fiber Muffin Recipe
I’m a major proponent of consuming high fiber and high protein foods each day.
These are two important nutrients that help your body repair and replenish cells and tissues through protein while eliminating toxins with the help of fiber. It’s also through fiber that your digestive system and metabolic processes remain in great condition.
So why is this high in protein?
The secret is in the flour…
The blueberry muffin mix that we’ll make contains almond meal and chia seeds, which are not only high in protein but rich in fiber, too!
If you’re wondering about the almond meal being a little bit pricey…
Don’t worry, there’s a way to go around the price point without eliminating the almond meal from this recipe.
In fact, you can make your own almond meal to save more money. Almond meal can be super expensive in stores!
But by making your own, you can slash the price and still create this particular ingredient needed in this recipe.
To make your own almond meal, just use your Vitamix or any high-powered blender, blend up the almonds and in a few minutes, you have your almond meal ready to use for our mixed berry muffins!
Oh yeah, one more thing…
This recipe has white beans, too.
That makes it extra protein-y and fiber-y. In other words, super healthy goodness with every bite of these berry muffins!
So without further ado, let’s start baking and make ourselves some delicious blueberry muffins.
Mixed Berry Muffin Recipe
Berry muffins are tasty and highly nutritious at the same time. So if you’re craving something sweet without the guilt, this raspberry-blueberry muffin recipe is the perfect thing to make.
Here are the ingredients and procedure on how to dish out this recipe.
The Healthiest Mixed Berry Muffin
- 1 cup flour wheat, spelt, oat, coconut, etc
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds soaked in 3 Tbsp of water
- 1 1/2 cups white beans
- 2 medium-sized bananas
- 10 ounces frozen and thawed strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Put 1 cup of flour in your mixing bowl.
- Add in the almond meal and baking powder.
- Mix up all the dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Pour your chia seeds in, which should be a little jelly in texture now after being soaked in water for several minutes.
- Toss in your white beans for some protein and fiber goodness to your muffins.
- Blend everything up on high speed.
- Next, add bananas and thawed strawberries into the mixing bowl. Blend well.
- Put in chopped dates and vanilla & almond extracts and continue blending all the ingredients.
- Use a spatula to mix in the berries. Do it by hand to make sure you have the right texture once the berries are mixed in.
- Pour some of the mixtures into muffin tins with cupcake liners in them.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the muffins are ready. You’ll know once the toothpick comes out clean after you poke the muffin. 🙂These muffins will seem a little moist because of the berries and beans.
Eat Healthily, Stay Healthy with the Best Berry Muffins
Just because you want to stay healthy doesn’t mean you should ignore your sweet tooth.
You can still get your sweet fix and get healthy with this mixed berry recipe. It’s loaded with nutrients and unbelievably good to your tastebuds, too!
So go ahead and bake these berry muffins and enjoy the outstanding taste and nutrition of this great snack that you can make today.
Let me know how the muffins turn out and shoot me a comment below for your questions or feedback. Chat with you soon!