Best Kale Salad Recipe with a Twist!
This easy kale salad recipe will get you to enjoy kale like never before. Try this best kale salad recipe with a special kale salad dressing that the whole family will enjoy - and it’s packed with nutrients, too!
Kale. Not exactly everyone’s favorite but it HAS to be.
It’s absolutely nutritious and CAN be great-tasting, if you know how to prepare this dark, leafy-green powerhouse of a cruciferous vegetable.
This best kale salad recipe I have for you today is about to make you add kale as one of your favorite greens of all time!
So, ready to start whipping up this awesome recipe for kale salad?
But first, let’s get to know more about this amazing leafy green and what it does to your body.
Why Kale is a Nutritional Powerhouse
This “Queen of All Greens” deserves the name, after all, kale is packed with a massive amount of nutrients per serving that many other types of greens.
For instance, kale does wonders to your digestion. It is high in fiber, which helps in digestion, absorption of nutrients, and elimination.
When you eat raw kale salad, be sure to munch on the stems, too. This part is loaded with prebiotics, or what probiotics eat.
You think they’re too tough to eat? Feel free to sautee the stems a little in healthy oil to give it a breadstick quality to them. Yum!
Another thing that’s amazing about kale is its iron content.
Did you know that it’s got more iron content than beef??
Iron is an important nutrient that helps transport oxygen from one part of your body to the next, ensure excellent liver function, and support the formation of healthy enzymes and hemoglobin.
It’s also interesting that kale is a vitamin K source. This nutrient makes sure your body’s mechanism for blood clotting is working perfectly fine. And the biggest takeaway - vitamin K helps protect your body against several types of cancer.
Amazing Antioxidants in Every Bite
Kale salad is a healthy dish to have each day, particularly if you want to up your vitamin C and antioxidant levels in your body…. And you should!
This leafy green is rich in antioxidants such as flavonoids and carotenoids that help neutralize free radicals in your body and prevent these bad guys from wreaking havoc to your system.
As a bonus, antioxidants also help slow down the aging process while keeping your skin smooth and healthy.
With the sulfur and fiber content in a kale salad, you are not just helping your body stay youthful than ever but these nutrients also aid in the detoxification process for your liver health and literally the health of every single organ in your body!
How to Make the Best, Fresh Kale Salad Recipe
Enjoy this cruciferous recipe that’s sure to keep your body healthy and thriving!
Here are the steps on how to prepare this easy kale salad recipe:
1. Grab a bunch of the kale and slice it into thin ribbons. Add the cut kale to a large bowl.
2. Slice the parsnip, carrot and onion as thin as possible and add them to the bowl.
3. In a small bowl add the vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, dried cranberries, and pomegranates. Whisk and mash the cranberries a bit letting them flavor the dressing.
4. Pour the dressing over the kale and veggies. Toss everything together making sure to coat all the leaves with the dressing.
5. Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Once you’re ready to eat add the feta and toss.
Best Kale Salad Recipe with Tangy Kale Salad Dressing
Best Kale Salad Recipe with a Twist!
- 2 cups fresh kale with stems removed
- 1 parsnip sliced thin
- 1 carrot sliced thin
- 1/4 red onion sliced thin
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 pinches Kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 1 large clove minced
- 20g dried cranberries
- 2 oz feta cheese
- Grab a bunch of the kale and slice it into thin ribbons. Add the cut kale to a large bowl.
- Slice the parsnip, carrot and onion as thin as possible and add them to the bowl.
- In a small bowl add the vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and dried cranberries. Whisk and mash the cranberries a bit letting them flavor the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and veggies. Toss everything together making sure to coat all the leaves with the dressing.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Once you’re ready to eat add the feta and toss.
Hi, I’m Annette Reeder-
I’m a christian nutritionist. I love Jesus and want to see His people come to walk in the complete abundant life He provides, mind, body, spirit. I love to make healthy food as yummy as possible and then share it with you! I am on mission to keep you on mission.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX