When I go biking, I try to average 60 miles a day. These High Protein Breakfast Bars really help so I don't have to stop at convenience stores or fast food restaurants to get my nourishment on the road!
As you know, my two favorite nutrients are Protein and Fiber. My videos attest to this! These Breakfast Bars are packed with both!
The satiety of protein and fiber at each meal will assist the 4-hour fasting window between meals. PLUS, fiber helps prevent most digestive problems and therefore mental issues. Mental issues include anxiety, depression, foggy thinking, anger, sleeplessness, and even pain.
A high fiber diet will keep all systems moving. It has even been proven that Parkinson’s is being traced back 20 years to chronic constipation. Now that should make everyone want to get going!
Fiber feeds the microbiome which creates a delightful conversation through the vagus nerve and into the brains (mind and heart). This conversation lessens stress and creates a resiliency of peace. (Who doesn’t want that?!?)
So, bake up a batch of these Breakfast Bars! They're perfect when you have to race out the door for an early morning appointment or they are a wonderful healthy option for your children after school!
Chewy Breakfast Bars
- 1 ¼ cups Unsweetened Applesauce
- ½ cup Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour any variety
- 1 cup GBX Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ cup Dried Cranberries or Raisins, Dried Apples, Dried Fruit of Choice...
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds or Finely Ground Nuts
- Preheat oven to 275° F. 140° C.
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients in a big bowl and add in wet ingredients. (If mixture is too dry add more applesauce).
- Gently stir in desired mix-ins.
- Roll into 24 balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy!