No Syrup Needed! - The Best Apple French Toast Recipe
Sink your teeth into the best apple cinnamon French toast you’ve ever had. Make your very own, flawless apple pie French toast unlike any other.
Nothing beats French toast for breakfast.
But why have the usual when you can make an ultra special Apple Cinnamon French toast, unlike anything you’ve ever had?!
Who doesn't like Apple Pie for breakfast, right?
It’s not just the taste in this pie…
It’s more about the nutrition, the added texture, and all the extra goodness about this unbelievably amazing healthy breakfast.
Ready to give it a go and have the best breakfast ever?
Apple French Toast Recipe
Before we proceed, a little back story…
I wanted to take a really good recipe and make it better.
Found a few apple French toast recipes but I felt they were missing something.
So I set off to work and created my own twist to this classic recipe.
This Apple French Toast recipe in our Healthy Treasures Cookbook is really good but this is above the top better. Hands down the perfect apple pie French toast.
I’m sure this will quickly become a Saturday morning favorite.
Here we go!
How to Make the Perfect Apple Pie French Toast
This apple French toast is definitely a true dish that will become a constant favorite in the family.
But to make it truly flawless, you have to make sure you do it right.
The secret is in the ingredients, and as you can see, I use almond milk in this one.
I am really all about protein and fiber, and the best milk for that is almond milk.
You can make your own almond milk at home - just blend up some almonds with water in a high-powered blender, then use a nut milk bag to filter the milk and keep it smooth.
Then, don’t forget your spices for this recipe. I use vanilla and cinnamon for that fruity, delectable taste and aroma.
Now, that’s perfection right there!
And most importantly...
This high fiber good protein is a hearty start to your day. No need for syrup it is good enough as is.
Let me know how this recipe worked for you and I’m excited to hear about your own experience in making this yummy apple French toast!
The Best Apple French Toast
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup(240ml) sucanat with honey or honey crystals
- 6 slices whole wheat bread be creative any variety of bread will work - Ezekiel, Honey Whole Wheat, Brown Bread
- 6 Eggs
- 1¼ cups(300ml) milk I prefer almond
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 apples peeled and thinly sliced, these can also be chopped
- Melt butter in 13" x 9" pan.
- Add sucanat to butter and spread over pan.
- Place apple slices on top of butter mixture in a double layer.
- Arrange bread slices on top of apples.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs to a creamy consistency.
- Add to eggs - milk, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour the egg mixture over bread slices. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Get ready for your house to smell terrific!
- In the morning preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes.
- Top with blueberries to create a stunning looking apple French toast. Share with 7 other people, as this recipe makes 8 servings!
Leave a Comment:
Hi, I’m Annette Reeder-
I’m a christian nutritionist. I love Jesus and want to see His people come to walk in the complete abundant life He provides, mind, body, spirit. I love to make healthy food as yummy as possible and then share it with you! I am on mission to keep you on mission.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX