Today we're going to make our own healthy candy bars. These are the ultimate homemade healthy bars - and they taste like Snickers!
Sometimes we can have sweets in our diet, we just need to be mindful of how often and what kind. So if you're going to choose a sweet and you want something to serve your family for the holidays, or a birthday, or whatever, then be very strict about what you put in the ingredients.
So let's make this healthy candy bar that you and your family will love!
Homemade Healthy Bars Benefits
These homemade healthy bars with dates, dark chocolate, pecans, and nut butter contain a variety of nutritious ingredients, each contributing its own set of health benefits:
Natural Sweetener: Dates add natural sweetness to the bars without the need for refined sugars.
Fiber: Dates are a good source of dietary fiber, which aids digestion and helps maintain bowel regularity.
Vitamins and Minerals: Dates contain essential nutrients such as potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and iron.
Plus, dates are one of the seven foods of the promised land!
2. Dark Chocolate
Antioxidants: Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants, which help neutralize free radicals and may contribute to overall health.
Heart Health: Moderate consumption of dark chocolate has been associated with improved heart health by supporting healthy blood flow and reducing blood pressure.
Mood Enhancement: Dark chocolate contains compounds that may contribute to the release of endorphins, potentially improving mood.
Healthy Fats: Pecans are a good source of monounsaturated fats, which are heart-healthy and may help lower bad cholesterol levels.
Protein: Pecans provide a moderate amount of protein, contributing to the overall protein content of the bars.
Vitamins and Minerals: Pecans contain important nutrients such as vitamin E, manganese, and zinc.
4. Nut Butter
Healthy Fats: Nut butters are rich in healthy fats, including monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which support heart health.
Protein: Nut butters contribute protein, promoting satiety and aiding in muscle repair and maintenance.
Vitamins and Minerals: Nut butters provide essential nutrients like vitamin E, magnesium, and phosphorus.
Let's Make Some Homemade Healthy Bars!
Enjoy these homemade healthy bars as a satisfying snack, providing a perfect blend of sweetness, crunch, and nutrition.
Experiment with additional ingredients like seeds or coconut for a personalized touch, and relish a guilt-free treat that nourishes your body and delights your taste buds.
Let me know in the comments how these bars turned out for you and what you think of them!
Homemade Healthy Bars – Better Than Snickers!
- 1 cookie sheet
- 1 cup pitted dates warmed to soften
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (72% or higher)
- 1/2 cup nut butter (cashew, almond, or peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or your choice of nuts)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place the pitted dates in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20-30 seconds, or until the dates are softened. Check and repeat in 10-second intervals if needed. Be careful not to overheat them.
- Chop the pecans.
- Melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler or microwave, stirring frequently to ensure even melting. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Place a layer of the melted dark chocolate into the pan. Then, press the dates down firmly with the back of a spoon or your hands to create an even layer. The softened dates should now easily press onto the pan.
- Add a layer of nut butter. Then, the chocolate, followed by chopped pecans.
- Place the pan in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to allow the bars to firm up.
- Once the bars have solidified, remove them from the freezer. Place the bars on a cutting board and cut into individual squares. You may serve them in paper muffin cups if you prefer.