The Best Gluten-Free Almond Cookies - Bible Diet Approved!
It was love at first bite when I finally dialed in these gluten-free almond cookies. I was really missing out until I tried these crispy almond flour cookies!
With so many of my clients needing GF I knew I could come up with a delicious treat. I used the one cookie test method and created a cookie that satisfies and a cookie with a substance that is sink-your-teeth-in delicious.
And that’s how my very own gluten-free almond cookies came to be!
How to Make Perfectly Crispy Almond Flour Cookies
Almond delicious GF cookies require some tips and tricks to get it right.
Let me tell you how I came up with these gluten-free cookies:
I studied other GF recipes and thought "that is no way delicious". But I learned from what they were doing and then started my own experiment.
I mixed up the batter - so far it was ok. Then I did the one cookie test - which is to bake just one cookie to make sure the ratio of ingredients creates a perfect looking cookie.
The problem was I was so eager to taste it I immediately took it off the cookie sheet from the oven. The crispy almond flour cookies crumbled like sand!
The taste - that was delicious but eating crumbs out of your hands is not a cookie. It is a crumble.
So I tried some more in the oven - again - crumbled!
Since I had mixed up a full batch of dough I decided to go ahead and bake them all and then contemplate later what to do with all the crumbs. I could always make a fruit crumble dessert or use it to top yogurt. No wasted time or money.
But I needed cookies for our Baking Class.
The Secret to Making No-Crumble Eggless Almond Cookies...
The next morning I figured I might as well remove that last tray of cookies I let sit the night before.
I got my bowl ready to catch all the crumbs.
Only there were no crumbs. When I removed the cookies from the tray they were perfect. The cooling had caused the cookie to set into a soft, well-held-together, perfect Almond Delicious GF Cookies!
Yea - I was so happy. And yes I know I said this already but they were truly delicious.
Additional Tips to Make the Best Sugar-Free Almond Cookies
Milling your own flours is the best way to keep them fresh.
Here are some tips on how to mill flours you need to use for this gluten-free almond cookies recipe:
Buckwheat - can be bought in kernels from co-ops, health-conscious grocery stores or you can use buckwheat cereal since it is only buckwheat cracked.
The buckwheat can be milled in the Nutrimill (Harvest, Nutrimill Plus and Nutrimill Classic). If you are not familiar with buckwheat don't let its name fool you. It is not in the wheat family but instead is an herb.
Oat flour can be easily made in a dry blender. Use oat groats, rolled oats or even quick oats.
Almonds are easy to make your own flour. Add almonds to a blender (make sure it is dry inside). Then blend until the consistency is as you desire. There may be a few flakes of the almond larger than the flour but that makes the cookies even better.
So there you have it - my gluten-free almond cookies recipe and a few techniques to keep it perfect and just the way you like your cookie. Enjoy this recipe and let me know how it worked out for you!
Gluten-Free Almond Cookies Recipe
After all that trial and error to make these almond delicious GF cookies, I finally nailed it and you can now enjoy these gluten-free cookies with the right texture, taste, and crunch!
Here is my almond delicious GF cookies recipe and the steps to making them perfect:
Almond Delicious GF Cookies
- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour (see below for directions)
- 1 cup oat flour (oat groats or rolled oats milled in a blender)
- 2/3 cup almond flour (almonds in a high powered blender makes the perfect flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt RealSalt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (non-GMO - no aluminum)
- 1 cup organic butter softened to room temperature (you may prefer coconut oil but I am not a fan of strong coconut)
- 1 cup sucanat (any variety will work)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup cranberries, nuts or other favorites such as chocolate chips, dried blueberries, etc. Optional
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sucanat until smooth. I use my favorite Bosch mixer.
- Mix in salt, extract and baking powder.
- Mill flours fresh.
- Add flours to creamed mixture.
- Add in nuts, cranberries, or other flavors as desired.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Bake for 11 to 14 minutes.
- When done, allow the cookies to cool before grabbing a bite. DO NOT REMOVE from baking sheet for at least 20 minutes to allow cookies to set.
Leave a Comment:
Hi, I’m Annette Reeder-
I’m a christian nutritionist. I love Jesus and want to see His people come to walk in the complete abundant life He provides, mind, body, spirit. I love to make healthy food as yummy as possible and then share it with you! I am on mission to keep you on mission.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX