Quick and Delicious Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
Want a delicious, healthy, and easy to make a snack that’s great for the whole family?
Ditch the artificial flavoring and trade in it for the taste of real fruit!
If it’s strawberry season, be sure to stock up, cause you’re going to make a bunch of these awesome anytime treats!
These are not your ordinary strawberry oatmeal bars, these are fresh, homemade and chalked full of antioxidants, protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals!
So whether you’re on the go, you’re tired of the same old snack, or you simply want to give your kids something nutritious to eat that they’ll actually enjoy, this strawberry oatmeal bar recipe is for you!
Read along to find out how it’s done and make a batch of these tasty bars today.
Natural and Nothing But the BEST Ingredients
Most foods in the snack aisle are heavily processed and packed with questionable ingredients. Some of these include aspartame on products that are labeled “sugar-free”.
This is why it is tricky to find a snack that both tastes great and helps you stay on the path of health.
When you want something that’s delicious and healthy, homemade is the best way to go.
This strawberry oatmeal bars recipe only has natural and chemical-free ingredients in it.
You can even use your fresh-milled flour, and in this case, I’m using almond flour that I have milled myself. It's not only cheaper than buying ready-to-use flour, but it’s also fresher when you mill it yourself!
I choose almond flour for this recipe because it has more protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals compared to your other flour types.
Plus, it's packed with antioxidants and has a wonderful nutty flavor, so what’s not to love about it?
I also add pecans to this recipe. You can use any other type of nut you'd like or, if you or your child has a peanut allergy, you can opt out of this altogether. I love pecans because they’re loaded with B-vitamins and healing fats that are beneficial for your overall health.
Basic Tools for Making Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
Some of you may be wondering…
“Don’t I need complex tools to bake these bars?”
Not at all.
In fact, you only need a good mixer, which in my case, I highly recommend the Nutrimill Artiste Stand Mixer. It's small, lightweight, easy to use and of course, it has so many other uses in the kitchen!
Past that, you just need a non-stick pan! If any of your baking pans are not non-stick, that's ok! Just lay down a sheet of parchment paper and you'll be good to go!
I prefer a non-stick baking pan with a ceramic glaze that’s food-safe and healthy to use.
My Secret Ingredient
Okay, it may seem like you can’t add this, but you absolutely can and no one will know the difference. Not even your kids!
To add an additional boost of health to my strawberry oatmeal bars, I use dehydrated kale.
Kale is part of the cruciferous family, and I LOVE anything from the cruciferous family! These veggies contain properties that fight against the growth of cancer. So I love being able to add these into mine and my family’s diet any way I can!
Ready to whip up this strawberry oatmeal bars recipe? Let’s get to it!
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
This basic recipe for strawberry oatmeal bars is extremely tasty, easy to make, and with double the nutritional value. Check it out and make one today!
Quick and Delicious Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
topping. One bowl, simple ingredients, and 100% whole grain—perfect for a snack
FOR THE STRAWBERRY BARS:
- 1 cup cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup cup whole wheat flour freshly milled
- 1/3 cup cup sucanat honey crystals or organic granulated sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter melted (or substitute melted coconut oil to make vegan/dairy free)
- 2 cups small-diced strawberries about 10 ounces, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch non GMO
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice 1/2 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar divided
FOR THE VANILLA GLAZE (OPTIONAL BUT DELICIOUS, ESPECIALLY IF YOU PREFER A SWEETER BAR):
- 1/2 cup powdered organic sugar sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk any variety you prefer
- Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so that the paper overhangs two sides like handles.
- (When choosing parchment paper the best quality will state: unbleached; plus parchment paper will not alter the flavor of foods as aluminum foil can.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, sweetener, ginger, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and stir until it forms clumps and the dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumble mixture, then press the rest into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Scatter half of the strawberries over the crust. Sprinkle the cornstarch evenly over the top, then sprinkle on the lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon of the granulated sugar. Scatter on the remaining berries, then the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top. You will have some fruit showing through.
- Bake the bars for 35 to 40 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly and the crumb topping smells toasty and looks golden. Place the pan on a wire rack to cool completely (you can speed this process along in the refrigerator).
- While the bars cool, prepare the glaze: In a medium bowl, briskly whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Feel free to add more milk if a thinner consistency is desired. Using the parchment-paper handles, lift the bars from the pan. Drizzle with glaze, slice, and serve.
DO NOT try to remove them while they are still warm, they will crumble and break apart.
Once they are cool, move them to a cooling rack so they will get crisp.
Leave a Comment:
Hi, I’m Annette Reeder-
I’m a christian nutritionist. I love Jesus and want to see His people come to walk in the complete abundant life He provides, mind, body, spirit. I love to make healthy food as yummy as possible and then share it with you! I am on mission to keep you on mission.
GET NEW RECIPES SENT DIRECTLY TO YOUR EMAIL INBOX